Welcome to episode 009 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
In today’s episode I’m continuing with part two of my conversation with Christy Johnson–certified life coach, writer, and inspirational speaker, who advocates for each of us to develop healthy souls within our relationships.
After a disastrous first marriage filled with addiction and adultery–and the tragic death of her two-and-a-half year-old son–Christy has found beauty on the other side of brokenness.
Last week, Christy shared part-one of her personal mud story, and if you have not heard her share in that episode 008, I highly encourage you to go back and listen to the insight and wisdom Christy shares, as it will give you a helpful backdrop to understand where she begins in today’s episode.
Christy has written a book–born out of her time in the mud–called Love Junkies, 7 Steps for Breaking the Toxic Relationship Cycle—and she shares those 7 steps with us today.
And even if a toxic relationship or relationship addiction is not an issue for you, I promise there will be something for each of us in what Christy shares today!
In this episode we discuss:
- The tragic death of Christy’s two-and-a-half year-old son Jake
- The way to have a peace that defies understanding
- How unforgiveness can destroy our progress and healing
- How to have joy and grace amidst trials
- A QUIZ: Are a “love junkie”?
- A soul assessment TEST
- And 7 steps to take toward soul health
Mud Stories 009: Christy Johnson ~ Identifying Our Inner Love Junkie & 7 Steps to Soul Health… [Tweet that]
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to give a rating or review over at iTunes, as those will help others find this podcast. (follow the instructions below) Enjoy!
This is what God says,
the God who builds a road right through the ocean,
who carves a path through pounding waves,
The God who summons horses and chariots and armies—
they lie down and then can’t get up;
they’re snuffed out like so many candles:
“Forget about what’s happened;
don’t keep going over old history.
Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new.
It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it?
There it is! I’m making a road through the desert,
rivers in the badlands. Isaiah 43:16-19 (MSG)
CONNECT with Christy:
- Christy’s website: christyjohnson.org
- Christy’s FREE e-book: How to Live Soul-Healthy in a Toxic World
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
Right click here and save-as, to download this podcast episode. (If reading this in email, click HERE)
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
2. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher