Welcome to episode 012 of Mud Stories!
Mud Stories is a podcast dedicated to bringing you inspiration in your muddiest moments, hope to make it through your mud, and encouragement for you to know, you are not alone.
In today’s episode I’m talking with Kate Battistelli, an empty-nester who’s been married to Mike for 30 years. She’s the mother of recording artist, Francesca Battistelli, and Mimi to Franny’s two children, Eli and Audrey Jane.
Kate’s a Jersey girl, currently living in Atlanta, and writing about God, food, family and hospitality. And she loves creating and sharing easy recipes using whole foods and organic ingredients.
Kate is the author of Growing Great Kids: Partner With God to Cultivate His Purpose in Your Child’s Life,
and her second book, The God Dare, will be releasing soon.
In this episode we discuss:
- Kate’s struggle through her fertility challenges and failed adoptions
- How life didn’t go as she’d planned
- Having anger at God
- The different ways we hear God and His direction
- The importance of mentors in our lives
- How to recognize the gifting of our kids, and help them dream big dreams
- How our faith in God should not based on what we get FROM Him
- The intricate practice of walking a life in humility
- And the truth that God has a bigger picture in mind for each of us as we surrender to Him
- And how God never wastes even one thing, EVER
Mud Stories 012: “My job is to love God for who He is, not for what He gives me…” @katebattistelli [Tweet that]
And after you listen, I’d be SO grateful if you’d take the time to give a rating or review over at iTunes, to help others find this podcast. (follow the instructions below) Enjoy!
The Lord is the portion of my inheritance and my cup; You support my lot.
The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places;
Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me. I have set the Lord continually before me;
Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. You will make known to me the path of life;
In Your presence is fullness of joy;
In Your right hand there are pleasures forever. Psalm 16:5-6, 8, 11 (NASB)
CONNECT with Kate:
- Kate’s website: katebattistelli.com
TO DOWNLOAD THIS PODCAST:
Right click here and save-as, to download this podcast episode. (If reading this in email, click HERE)
How to listen to The Mud Stories Podcast
1. Listen on the blog. Click to the podcast episode you would like to listen to and click the play button within the post.
2. On your smart phone or mobile device– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, and there’s also one called Downcast, and another called Stitcher Radio. Many of them allow you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio. Let us know your favorite!
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – You can always access the podcast in iTunes or Stitcher, or you can search for Mud Stories on your smartphone’s podcast app. And if you have missed past episodes, you can also listen via iTunes or Stitcher after you’ve subscribed, or click HERE to find all the episodes.
Subscribe in iTunes HERE
Subscribe in Stitcher HERE
Rate or Review the Podcast
By rating the podcast or writing a 1-2 sentence review, it will help others find Mud Stories more easily, exposing the podcast to a wider audience.
Thank you so much for your help!
CLICK HERE to leave a review in iTunes
CLICK HERE to leave a review in Stitcher